JanuRun 2023 virtual event
Terms and Conditions
Please read our JanuRun 2023 terms & conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully and get in touch if you have any questions.
By participating in JanuRun (the “Event”) in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (Registered charity no. 1160024) (the “Charity”) you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- All donations must be received either through Participants’ Funraisin fundraising page and/or JanuRun Facebook Fundraising page.
- You are registering for and taking part in the Event of your own volition and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good and that you understand that any injury sustained by you, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of the Charity, shall be your own responsibility. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude the Charity’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury.
- Children under 16 years of age at the start of the Event, 1 January 2023, must be registered by a parent or guardian; and be accompanied by a responsible adult during their participation in their chosen activity for the Event.
- All information provided about children under 16 years of age must be done so only with the explicit permission and knowledge of the child’s parent/guardian.
- By participating in the Event, you confirm that you will comply with all applicable laws and government guidelines in force at the time and shall ensure that any children and guests attending the Event to support you shall do the same.
- Should you choose to connect your Funraisin account with any other third-party website and/or a device, you accept that you do so at your own risk, and the Charity shall not be responsible for any data you provide them, or the terms and conditions you may be asked to accept.
- Team Captains providing information about other team members must do so only with each team member’s explicit consent.
- You understand that team captains can view the name and email addresses of all team members.
- Individual Participants who receive at least one donation, by midnight (GMT, UK) 28 February 2023, will automatically receive one pair of Charity shoelaces in the post*.
- Individual Participants who raise £100 or more, excluding Gift Aid, by midnight (GMT, UK) 28 February 2023, will automatically receive a Charity running buff in the post*.
- Individual participants who raise £400 or more, excluding Gift Aid, by midnight (GMT, UK) 28 February 2023, will automatically receive a JanuRun technical t-shirt in the post*.
*Participants must provide a residential postal address, in the United Kingdom, which includes a valid postcode (“Valid Postal Address”) to receive either the shoelaces and/or running buff and/or technical t-shirt.
- The shoelaces, running buff and technical t-shirt are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Charity reserves the right to replace the shoelaces and/or running buff and/or technical t-shirt with an alternative of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Charity’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and may amend the dates advertised if necessary.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for any errors due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, network, or server failure of any kind.
- Those Individual Participants who receive at least one donation by midnight (GMT, UK) 4 December 2022 will have one pair of shoelaces sent via second class post, by 11 December 2022, to the Valid Postal Address given upon registration to the Event, unless the Charity is updated otherwise.
- Those Individual Participants who receive at least one donation between 5 December 2022 and midnight (GMT, UK) 28 February 2023 will have one pair of shoelaces sent via second class post, by March 2023, to the Valid Postal Address given upon registration to the Event, unless the Charity is updated otherwise.
- The running buffs and technical t-shirts will be sent via second class post, by March 2023, to the Valid Postal Address given upon registration to the Event, unless the Charity is updated otherwise.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for any shoelaces and/or running buff and/or technical t-shirt that are lost, damaged, or delayed in in the post and can only send out a replacement if available.
- Personal data supplied during this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment, delivery, and arrangement.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions on this website, or any other third-party websites associated or linked to via this one, then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the extent allowable by applicable law.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, or its subject matter or formation.
Last Updated: 16/11/2022